COO/Business Operation Manager Synnøve Finden
Scandza is a Scandinavian supplier of branded fast-moving consumer goods to retail, convenience, pharmacy, industry, HORECA and exports. We hold leading positions within key categories such as chilled foods, snacks, baked goods, and home and personal care across the Scandinavian countries. Our house of iconic brands includes local champions such as Sørlandschips, Synnøve Finden, Karen Volf, Finsbråten, Bröderna Nilsson, Leiv Vidar, Lindvalls, Berit Nordstrand and Rå. Scandza is executing on a buy-and-build strategy: organic growth paired with an active M&A agenda. In less than five years, Scandza has more than doubled its size. Speed, innovation and being un-bureaucratic are values that are integral to Scandza’s growth story and culture. Scandza is owned by its founders, Jan Bodd and Stig Sunde, and sponsored by CapVest. With group revenues surpassing 4 bnNOK in 2017, our ambition to grow is stronger than ever.
Synnøve Finden is a leading Scandinavian dairy producer. A subsidiary of Scandza and sponsored by CapVest, Synnøve Finden was originally established already back in 1928. Synnøve Finden is a major player in the dairy category with key products constituting Cheese and Yoghurt. While range has been expanded to include other complimentary breakfast products such as granola and juice. Synnøve Finden employs approx. 200 people across its 4 production facilities. The major being the facility which was acquired in 1995 in Alvdal.
We are seeking a
COO/BUSINESS OPERATION MANAGER
for a newly established position to work closely with the CEO responsible for Synnøve Finden AS, Sørlandschips AS and Scandza Drikker AS, to further develop and structure the business.
This is a very interesting opportunity for someone to partner with a strong motivated team and PE professionals to drive the business forward.
The person we are looking for will be given a key role in the organization and become the co-pilot of the CEO in a lot of areas - both strategic and operational .
- Business development and strategy
- Organizational development
- Further develop structure, systems, policies and routines
- Project management, follow up and follow through
- Proactively manage operational challenges
- Create reports and presentations
- Develop and secure decision making
- Meeting preparations
- Analysis and reports
- Take initiatives and focus on continuous improvement
The ideal candidate will have worked in an organization with business units, customers and suppliers in multiple locations and geographically distributed.
Our new COO/Business Operation Manager must have a high level of self management, and the ability to function amidst tight deadlines and changing priorities in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
The role is based in Oslo but the right candidate must show willingness to travel.
- BA or MSc degree in finance/marketing or similar
- 5-6 years’ experience within management consulting/business development in combination with operational management; sales, marketing, project management within fast paced environment with demanding owners/leaders within the retail/FMCG sector
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with the ability to take a creative approach
- Business minded with strong financial understanding
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in both Norwegian and English
- Confident and well spoken
- Strong leader and team builder
- High work capacity
Since this is a newly appointed role you must be in tune with not always knowing what tasks at hand. You must be able to grow with the position and the company.
If this sounds interesting do not hesitate to contact us. For questions regarding this position, please contact our advisor in this recruiting process, Nina Merethe Andersen, Managing Partner in Panamera|IMD International Search Group, cell phone + 47 920 33 785.
Please send your application and resume in English to Research Manager, Peder Juland, firstname.lastname@example.org.