Global Director Legal & Compliance - Kongsberg Digital
Kongsberg Digital is a provider of next-generation software and digital solutions to customers within the maritime, oil & energy, and utilities industries.
The Global Director Legal & Compliance in Kongsberg Digital (KDI) leads a team of four, three legal advisors and one compliance manager, and reports to the CFO.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- The global Legal and Compliance team/function for KDI.
- Management of a team of three legal advisors.
- Provision of legal support to KDI's global operations on contractual and commercial matters.
- Preparing, drafting and negotiating contracts to regulate a variety of 3rd party relationships.
- Participation in tender preparations, clarifications and 3rd party negotiations.
- Follow up and handling of complex client contracts and subcontracts, as well as drafting and updating contract templates.
- Management and implementation of internal processes and corporate procedures.
- Managing contractual disputes and ad-hoc in-house legal tasks.
- Organize and conduct legal and compliance training in the central office and other locations.
- Managing and driving relevant legal & compliance business plan initiatives.
- Collaborating with other support functions and working closely with the global sales organization.
- Working closely with external counsels globally.
- Effectively managing risk and priorities associated with various engagements.
- Supporting the organization on M&A activities.
- Functional responsibility for the Compliance function with the support of the Compliance Manager.
- Provide risk management and advice in support of strategies and business.
- Being a trusted adviser to the organization, implement and ensure compliance of the organizations codes, policies and directives - antibribery, corruption, data privacy, export control, ethics and business conduct policies.
- Investigation, training and management of business partners.
- Promoting new ideas and ways of executing projects.
This role is perfect for you who already have:
- An interest in contract law and business, as well as technology and software across different industries.
- A law degree, with a minimum 7 years legal experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts - In-house legal experience is an advantage.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS Agreements.
- Experience in providing ad-hoc business legal advice.
- Working knowledge of a variety of commercial agreements, particularly technology/software agreements.
- Experience working across a variety of international governing laws.
- M&A experience.
- Ability to demonstrate recognizable personal integrity, set high quality standards, work efficiently and in a systematic manner, and thrive working with tight deadlines.
- Export control experience.
- Experience working with data privacy, particularly GDPR matters.
- Strong interest in how technology and governance systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency.
Does this sound like the next smart career step for you? Then join us on our journey to World Class - through People, Technology and Dedication.
Please contact Caroline Martens in Panamera IMD by email at email@example.com with “Legal Advisor + your name” in the subject field.