HR Director - Walgreens Boots Alliance
Boots Apotek and Alliance Healthcare is part of Walgreens Boots Alliance, the world’s largest Pharmacy led Health and Beauty enterprise. Boots Apotek is the third largest retail pharmacy chain in Norway with 152 pharmacies, E-Pharmacy and market lead within their Homecare direct to patient concept. Alliance Healthcare Norge is the largest pharmaceutical wholesaler in Norway and delivers goods to all hospitals and hospital pharmacies, as well as to Boots Apotek and independent pharmacies. The total number of employees are approximately 1500. The role will have in scope both Pharmacy and Wholesale businesses.
As senior HR leader in the business, the role fulfils significant leadership responsibilities in providing appropriate challenge and support to the local management team to ensure the delivery of strategic objectives and goals.
The role interfaces with the broad HR community including group divisional HR teams and therefore the ability to impact and influence others in a diverse cultural environment is critical to success.
HR Director – Walgreens Boots Alliance
The HR Director will have overall responsibility for Human Resources (HR) for the vertical integrated business of Boots and Alliance Healthcare in Norway and will lead a complex HR agenda in a constantly changing environment supporting the business through the setup, maintenance, and adaptation of relevant organizational and HR tools. The HR Director reports to the Managing Director in Norway and VP HR Alliance Healthcare.
- HR strategy, policies, compliance, and budget.
- Talent acquisition and people development/training.
- Compensation and benefits.
- Organizational design and development.
- Performance management and organizational development.
- Provide support to the Business Units and Line Managers on the operational HR agenda.
- HR reporting/KPI/communications.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in HR. More than 5 years at senior management level in a dynamic environment. Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope of HR activities, both operations and analysis. Experience from business role and a consultancy company would be a plus.
- Experience from working within complex international/multinational environments. Working experience from global company with matrix structure.
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common-sense approach.
- Commercial acumen – a broad business knowledge and good overall understanding of company finances and ability to use this information to challenge or support in the execution of HR strategy.
- Fluency in English. Scandinavian language as mother tongue.
- Willingness to travel locally and internationally within the requirements of the position.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with different stakeholders, both local and international.
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions and ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented.
- Structured and ability create efficient plans to execute on the company and department agenda.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and visibly support the business agenda.
- Results-focused, understands what is important to staff, clients, and management, and committed to achieving goals. Tenacious approach to delivery, quality of output and organization.
- Strong communication skills - handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence.
- Displays integrity and act as a role model - sincere in own behavior and in dealings with others.
Questions? Please contact Nina Merethe Andersen, Managing Partner at Panamera | IMD International Search Group, tel. 920 33 785.
Please send CV and cover letter in English to Emely Kransvik, Research Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.